November 22, 2017
Christmas is right around the corner and you’ve got a new driver in your family – don’t stress about what to get them for the holidays! Check out our list of the top gift items for new drivers:
- Tire Pressure Gauge – Checking the pressure in their tires regularly will help prevent them from winding up on the side of the road with a flat.
- Car Phone Charger – Although using mobile phones while driving is dangerous, it’s important that your new driver has a charged phone in case of emergencies. Mobile phones can reach 9-1-1 operators even when there is no cellular service as long as the phone has power.
- Smart Devices – There are a few different products on the market that are designed to help new drivers drive more safely by providing emergency assistance and maintenance reminders. And they’re beneficial to the parent, too, as some have speed monitoring and vehicle location tracking capabilities.
- Polarized Sunglasses – For a few extra bucks, these specialized sunglasses give additional protection against the sun and reduce glare, which makes for safer drivers.
- GPS System – Although most smart phones are equipped with GPS service, purchasing a separate GPS system that can be built-in to the vehicle will reduce your young driver’s need to use their phone.
- Gift Certificates – Grab a gift certificate from a business that offers car washing, car detailing, or vehicle maintenance services to help them out with the cost of interior and exterior upkeep. Or, a gas card to help them pay for gas for their vehicle.
- Bluetooth Key Tracker – Make sure they never lose their keys by gifting them a small tracking device which clips onto their key ring. They can then use their smartphone to pinpoint the exact location of their keys!
- Emergency Safety Kit – Emergency kits are available that include items like flashlights, first aid kits, jumper cables, and plenty of other items that help keep your new driver and their vehicle safe.
- Ice Scraper – Ever go out to your car to see your windshield covered in snow or ice? Chances are, your new driver will find themselves in this situation more than once or twice. Gift them an ice scraper with a brush on the opposite end to scrape off ice and brush off snow in winter.
At Hillmuth Auto Care, we know how important your new driver’s safety is to you and to them. Let us help out in the best way we can! Contact us to schedule regular maintenance for your new driver today and be confident that their vehicle will be in the best shape possible to keep them safe on the road.